From the Airport to Cottages by the Sea
**** IMPORTANT: Make sure you drive on the left side of the road ****
- From the St. Croix Airport exit, turn right to Frederiksted (this is Hwy 64).
- Go about 2 miles to JCT66 (first light) and turn left onto Hwy 66 west (not marked). This road is also known as Melvin Evans Highway but it is not marked as such.
- Go about 3.5 miles to JCT661 (the fourth light that happens to blink) and turn right (this is North 661).
- Drive a little over a half a mile to Queen Mary Highway (also known as Centerline Road). There is a stop light there. This intersection is known as Hannah’s Rest Corner.
- If you wish to get some groceries, turn right on Queen Mary Highway and there will be a Stop and Shop grocery store about 1/2 mile down on the right.
- If you do not wish to get groceries, then go straight through the light at Hannah’s Rest Corner. At this point the road is now Hwy 70 North. Go for almost a mile to the end (Hwy 702) and turn left. (There is a post office on the right corner of 70 and 702).
- Travel down the hill toward the water and turn left when a structure called “Fish Market” is on your right. In this area is also a small park and an active boat-launching ramp for the fishermen. It is not unusual for people to gather in this area and for traffic to be held up by a boat or car – don’t honk your horn because it is considered impatient.
- Cottages by the Sea will be about a half-mile down on the right, just past “Sandcastle on the Beach” Hotel. Parking is FREE!!