Many couples choose to get married at Cottages by the Sea because it is the most beautiful and unforgettable experience two people could ever share. The beautiful, sandy beach and warm turquoise waters at Cottages by the Sea has been a backdrop to scores of weddings and honeymoons for the past 4 decades!
Since the U.S. Virgin Islands is an American Territory it operates under the laws of the United States Government, making your wedding seamless. Here are the steps that you need to follow to plan a wedding at Cottages by the Sea.
- First you need to request an application for a marriage license from the Territorial Court of the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Write to the Territorial Court of the Virgin Islands, Family Division, P.O. Box 929, Christainsted, St. Croix, U.S.V.I., 00821 or call (340) 778-9750 and request a marriage license application.
- After the completed and notarized application is received in the islands, there is a required eight-day waiting period. Applications will not be returned, but must be picked up in person at the Courthouse upon arrival to the island. The eight day waiting period can be waived if you let them know ahead of time the dates that you will be on the island.
- Review our wedding packages below, and choose which package best suits your needs and your budget.
- Contact Cottages by the Sea at (800) 323-7252 and let us know how many people will be attending your wedding.
- Please visit our online reservation system to book your accommodations.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept wedding parties larger than 4 people during the high season months of December through March. We DO encourage weddings in April and in the fall! Simple two to four person weddings are possible on a space availability basis during the winter months. The best months for larger wedding parties are August through the first half of November.