With 26 unique cottages in a secluded area, and without the hustle and bustle of a large resort, Cottages by the Sea has slowly evolved over the past 66 years to offer authentic, old-style Caribbean pleasure to you, our valued guest. Whether you are on vacation, a business traveler, a scuba diver, a honeymooner, relocating to the island, or a Danish visitor, let us tell you why Cottages by the Sea is perfect for you.
Overall, here is what you can expect…
Special Beach & Dazzling Sunsets: On our beach, you will find calm waters, clean sand, and no seaweed. The water is not too shallow, yet not too deep, and has scattered coral formations and sand instead of sea grass. But, the best part about being on the west side of the island is the spectacular sunsets where you might catch a glimpse of the elusive “green flash”. Snorkeling and swimming on our beach is the best on the island, so put on your bathing suit and come see for yourself!
Simple & Easy: Your car is about as far from your room as the beach is. When you arrive, it will not take you long to check in, unload your luggage and groceries, put on your swimsuit and head to the beach for your first swim. Nothing on our property is more than a minutes walk away, including the restaurant next door.
Surprisingly Stylish: With the help of interior decorator, Lyndi Anzalone, most of our cottages now have vibrant Caribbean colors, custom fabrics, and individualized Caribbean Artwork. In most of our cottages, the layout of the cottage has been updated to use space efficiently and bring energy and comfort to the room. You will feel right at home in your unique, Caribbean Cottage.
Environmentally Refreshing: The strategically placed windows in your cottage will catch the breezes and the view. Having the option to ventilate your cottage with breezes is a luxury, and difficult to find. With the windows open, you can fall asleep to the gentle waves while staying cool from the tropical breezes. Don’t worry though, all Cottages have energy efficient Air Conditioners for enhanced comfort.
Friendly Community: This property has a magical way of attracting and retaining mature, friendly and intelligent people to form the basis of a delightful community. Having many repeat guests and friendly staff around adds to the comfort. Don’t be surprised if you leave with new connections and friends!!
- 24 Hour Check In Available
- 2 Community Beach Patios
- Free Kayak
- Free Bikes
- Beach lounge chairs
- Beach umbrellas
- Three gas grills
- Coin operated washer and dryer
- Faxing and Printing capabilities in the office
- Wireless Internet – property wide
- Guest Computer at the office
- A gazebo for outdoor lounging
- Misc. games in our game closet
- Misc. swim floats and swim noodles
- Misc. sand and beach toys
- Misc. snorkels, fins and masks that others have left behind
- Bug spray and sunscreen left behind by past guests
- A “Book Nook” library full of books – please take a book or leave one behind
- A Restaurant adjacent to our property – Beach Side Cafe (not owned by the Cottages)
- Back-Up Power Generator (It is the Caribbean!)
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Private bathrooms with hot water
- Cable TV
- Flat Screen Televisions
- Free Wi-Fi, Property Wide
- Hair Dryers
- Irons and Ironing Boards
- Towels and linens
- Beach Towels
- In Room Private Safes
- Coffee Makers
- Stoves with Ovens (except Small Hotel Rooms)
- Cookware, Plate ware, Silverware, and Utensils
- Private outside porch or patio with table and chairs (except Crew Room and Coco Bean)
- Foot baths to wash the sand off of your feet
- Daily Housekeeping