Hotel Amenities Include
- 2 Furnished Community Beachfront Patios with gas grills
- Housekeeping (except Sundays, Wednesdays and Major Holidays. Fresh towels and supplies are always available at front desk on days without housekeeping)
- Free Use of Kayak
- Free Use of Bikes
- Free Use of beach lounge chairs
- Free Use of Beach umbrellas
- Free Use of gas grills (3)
- Coin operated washer and dryer
- Yoga Deck for Guest Use
- Free Wireless Internet – property wide
- A gazebo for outdoor lounging
- Misc. games in our game closet
- Misc. swim floats and swim noodles
- Misc. sand and beach toys
- Misc. snorkels, fins and masks that others have left behind
- Bug spray and sunscreen left behind by past guests
- A “Book Nook” library full of books – please take a book or leave one behind
- A Restaurant adjacent to our property – Beach Side Cafe (not owned by the Cottages)
- Back-Up Power Generator (It is the Caribbean!)
Room Amenities Include
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Private bathrooms with hot water
- Cable TV
- Flat Screen Televisions
- Hair Dryers
- Irons and Ironing Boards
- Towels and linens
- Beach Towels
- In Room Private Safes
- Full kitchens which include Coffee Maker, Toaster, Microwave, Refrigerator, Stoves with Ovens (except Small Hotel Rooms), Cookware, Place Setting for Four, Silverware, and Utensils
- Private outside porch or patio with table and chairs
- Foot baths to wash the sand off of your feet
What Our Guests Say
Step into Paradise Best beach in St. Croix! Friendly staff and very well appointed cottages. I loved that you could grab a bike to head into town. We saw sea turtles by snorkelling right off our beach! Very comfy beds too.
Bring me back Even before I learned that nearly every vacationer at the Cottages was a repeat customer, I knew I'd be going back for another stay. Everyone was super helpful and friendly; the location is ideal--right on the beach, safe, uncrowded, crystal clear turquoise water, turtles swimming by, snorkeling equipment and kayaks available, walking distance to restaurants, beautiful grounds. The cottages are clean, quaint, no frills, very cutely furnished/appointed, well-stocked kitchens, working air-conditioner, and a very inviting porch for morning coffee. There's just a really great vibe to the place, which is evidenced by how many people return every year. Of the people I talked to, I heard of a couple who'd been coming for 50 years, 20 years, ten years, four years and two years. Everyone loves this place and it is competitive to find availability. Shout out to all the staff, especially Sandy. I intend to be back for another dose of Island calm.
Wow! Quiet, peaceful and beautiful. We are happy that we discovered Cottages by the Sea in winter, 2021 and have returned in 2022, and 2023. The property is charming and there is a sense of time and history. Each cottage has its own charm and there are not two the same. We enjoyed the close proximity to the sand and ocean that most of the cottages enjoy as well as the camaraderie with other guests as we gather to enjoy sunset each evening on what is now termed " Sunset Patio"! The Cottages participate in the Turtle Preservation program that is ongoing at the National Wildlife Seashore a couple of miles away.
Our home away from home. Lovely, cozy beachside cottages with great swimming, beach walking and birdwatching near Christianstead. Pleasant staff and services. Several restaurants nearby, one next door. Long beach walk to the point where sea turtles come to lay their eggs.
Gorgeous Cottages By the Sea was the perfect place for our honeymoon. It was private, had all of the amenities we needed, and most importantly, it only took a few steps to make it to the sand. The whole experience was wonderful from the staff to the cleanliness to the ease of the check in / check out. We couldn't recommend it more.
Best place to stay on the island! This was the third time we stayed at Cottages, and it won't be the last! Loved it! Excellent staff, location, cottages, and everything else! Love it! Even if you get a cottage that is not ocean view, you can sit under the little community area. Awesome view of sunset!
This is the most amazing place with the BEST staff!! What a lovely place to stay! Relaxing ambiance in cute oceanfront cottages on a well maintained piece of property. Thoughtful beach cabanas provide needed shade, and the yard is nicely kept by a local gardener. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Sunsets are terrific. A very unique place. We certainly hope to return to this charming spot.