Map of Property
127A Smithfield Rd, Frederiksted, VI 00840-3677
Reservations: (800) 323-7252
Local: (340) 772-0495
Directions to Cottages by the Sea
Listed below are the directions on how to reach Cottages by the Sea from the St. Croix airport.
- Once you exit the airport, make a right turn onto Airport Road (Route 64).
- Follow Airport Road to Melvin H. Evans Highway (Route 66). There will be a stoplight at the intersection, turn left onto the highway.
- Remain on the highway, driving west towards Frederiksted. After approximately 5.5 miles, the highway will end, and you will make a right turn onto Emancipation Drive (Route 661, also known as Hanna’s Rest Road).
- Continue north on Emancipation Drive towards downtown Frederiksted. Once you reach Frederiksted, Emancipation Drive will dead-end at Fisher Street. Turn left onto Fisher Street. (You will notice the U.S. Post Office on your right, at the Corner of Emancipation Drive and Fisher Street).
- Once you have turned left, you will be facing west. Take Fisher Street downhill towards the ocean. Fisher Street will dead-end at Smithfield Road, turn left. (You will see the ocean in front of you and the Fish Market on your right).
- After turning left onto Smithfield Road, drive south for approximately .6 of one mile until you reach our hotel. Cottages by the Sea will be on your right.
Please keep in mind that street signs are not consistent on St. Croix, and many roads may have more than one name. For Example, on Apple and Google maps, Smithfield Road is actually listed as Veterans Shore Road/Drive.
If you are using a GPS service, our coordinates are: 17°42¢4² N 64°53¢9² W
Should you need any assistance while driving to Cottages by the Sea, please contact our office directly by calling (340) 772-0495.
We look forward to seeing you!
What Our Guests Say
Step into Paradise Best beach in St. Croix! Friendly staff and very well appointed cottages. I loved that you could grab a bike to head into town. We saw sea turtles by snorkelling right off our beach! Very comfy beds too.
Bring me back Even before I learned that nearly every vacationer at the Cottages was a repeat customer, I knew I'd be going back for another stay. Everyone was super helpful and friendly; the location is ideal--right on the beach, safe, uncrowded, crystal clear turquoise water, turtles swimming by, snorkeling equipment and kayaks available, walking distance to restaurants, beautiful grounds. The cottages are clean, quaint, no frills, very cutely furnished/appointed, well-stocked kitchens, working air-conditioner, and a very inviting porch for morning coffee. There's just a really great vibe to the place, which is evidenced by how many people return every year. Of the people I talked to, I heard of a couple who'd been coming for 50 years, 20 years, ten years, four years and two years. Everyone loves this place and it is competitive to find availability. Shout out to all the staff, especially Sandy. I intend to be back for another dose of Island calm.
Wow! Quiet, peaceful and beautiful. We are happy that we discovered Cottages by the Sea in winter, 2021 and have returned in 2022, and 2023. The property is charming and there is a sense of time and history. Each cottage has its own charm and there are not two the same. We enjoyed the close proximity to the sand and ocean that most of the cottages enjoy as well as the camaraderie with other guests as we gather to enjoy sunset each evening on what is now termed " Sunset Patio"! The Cottages participate in the Turtle Preservation program that is ongoing at the National Wildlife Seashore a couple of miles away.
Our home away from home. Lovely, cozy beachside cottages with great swimming, beach walking and birdwatching near Christianstead. Pleasant staff and services. Several restaurants nearby, one next door. Long beach walk to the point where sea turtles come to lay their eggs.
Gorgeous Cottages By the Sea was the perfect place for our honeymoon. It was private, had all of the amenities we needed, and most importantly, it only took a few steps to make it to the sand. The whole experience was wonderful from the staff to the cleanliness to the ease of the check in / check out. We couldn't recommend it more.
Best place to stay on the island! This was the third time we stayed at Cottages, and it won't be the last! Loved it! Excellent staff, location, cottages, and everything else! Love it! Even if you get a cottage that is not ocean view, you can sit under the little community area. Awesome view of sunset!
This is the most amazing place with the BEST staff!! What a lovely place to stay! Relaxing ambiance in cute oceanfront cottages on a well maintained piece of property. Thoughtful beach cabanas provide needed shade, and the yard is nicely kept by a local gardener. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Sunsets are terrific. A very unique place. We certainly hope to return to this charming spot.